Last week I made a couple of commitments to help me get out of my post-mastectomy fug and cheer the heck up.
They were to;
– keep my stress levels to a minimum, stop sweating the small stuff and meditate once a week
– go see a Dr about my painful periods, and
– be grateful
This week I have;
– been ridiculously stressed and not particularly easy to work or live with. I have been impatient with people, snapped at a few others and upset one person (in my defence, I wasn’t mean. I just had to have a difficult conversation with someone, which was upsetting. Still, it’s not nice to see someone upset as a result of something you’ve said)
– not mediated once. I worked late on the night I was going to go to meditation class. Viciouscircle.com.au
– I got my period… It didn’t hurt for two days then BAM. In hospital after the op the nurses would ask me to rate my pain levels on a scale of 1 to 10. I always replied that it was less than my period pain. Mr F has very little sympathy for me as he says I get them every month and know they are painful so I should a) be used to this by now and b) be more prepared and take pain-killers before the pain comes
– Been miserable and full of ugly self-pity
Progress report? Must do better.
I have all weekend to rectify this situation.
Jobs to do before Sunday evening;
– Meditate before the end of Sunday if not today? Maybe go to yoga? Whatever, just chill out!
– Cheer up and stop feeling sorry for myself that I work so hard and woe is me… (Read- smash up my tiny, scratchy violin)
– Take painkillers repeatedly and think about making an appointment at the Drs at some point before the end of June
I’ll let you know how I go.